If you are driving your child to or from school, the NORTH CIRCULAR DRIVE WAY is the designated "KISS N' RIDE" pick-up/drop-off zone.
Please note that the front of the school is reserved for bus traffic only. Most of our buses are running at capacity. Bus students only are eligible for transportation before and after school.
Only in case of an emergency (with approval from the office, and, accompanied by prior written request from parents/guardians) may any alternative bus arrangement be considered.
As well, we now have a clearly marked special needs parking spaces in main staff parking areas. These are to be left free; especially from 8:45 - 9:15 a.m. and from 3:30 - 4:00 p.m. for the use of any special needs vehicle, and community members/students.
Bus schedules and organization
- The bus drivers have a few rules for students to respect, but, above all else, safety is the most important single factor that is considered. For this reason, students who create a nuisance, or an unsafe situation while on the bus, will be referred to the school administration.
For serious and/or repeated unwelcome actions, students may have their bus seating re-assigned and/or their privileges revoked.
- Students who are not bus students are not permitted to ride on the school buses. Bus students may not change buses (unless, of course changing addresses etc.), or ride on buses - other than their own designated bus. A change of bus is permitted in emergency circumstances only. A prior written parental request is required for consideration of a change of bus for any bus student. All other requests will be denied. Arrangements requested at the end of the school day, and, requests to phone home, at breaks, or the end of the school day to request alternative arrangements will not be accommodated.
- The majority of our school population arrives and departs from school by bus. Bus dismissal time is at 3:30 p.m. Our bus students exit via their normal daily entrance doors to access their respective buses. They should proceed directly to their designated bus line-up area in front of the main school entrance. Bus students are not to proceed outside to play in the school yard area etc., at dismissal time. This results in bus delays, and missed buses at the end of the day. Walking students will leave via their normally designated exits/entrances.
Special Note: Transporting Equipment on Buses
In order to ensure the safety of students being transported, all items that may cause injury must be carried in a backpack or sports bag.
The following guidelines must be followed:
1. Backpacks or sports bags must rest on the student's lap while in transit
2. Students must be able to use the handrail while entering and exiting the bus
3. Musical instruments in cases are acceptable, provided that they can be held securely on the student's lap
4. Skates must have guards and, be carried in a sports bag
5. Hockey sticks, toboggans, snow racers, skateboards, stuffed pets, large project displays, and similar items, are not to be carried on regular school bus runs.
Bus Safety Rules
To ensure safety, please review the following general bus rules with your child:
1. Leave home early enough to arrive at your bus stop on time
2. Wait for your bus in a safe place - well off the roadway
3. Refrain from unsafe conduct/actions/interactions with other students and passing traffic/pedestrians.
4. Enter your bus in an orderly manner and take your seat
5. Follow the instructions of your school bus driver or bus patrol
6. Remain in your seat, in a quiet orderly fashion, at all times
7. Keep your head and arms inside the bus at all times
8. Keep aisles clear at all times
9. Be courteous to your school bus driver and fellow passengers
10. Refrain from eating or drinking on the bus.